About Nicus Software, Inc.
Nicus is a rapidly-expanding provider of IT Financial Management (ITFM) and Technology Business Management (TBM) software solutions tailored to the needs of high-performance private and public sector organizations – including customers like Visa, Liberty Mutual Insurance, and the City of Seattle. Nicus enables more informed and profitable technology investment decisions, while helping CIO leaders tell their IT value story using a comprehensive software suite, including IT Planning, Cost Transparency, Bill of IT, Application TCO, and more. See how Nicus elevates IT to empower business at www.nicus.com.
We are seeking an experienced, resourceful Product owner to join our growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for driving and defining the launch of new products and services within our company. You should have a solid grasp on data analytics, strategy, and Agile methodologies in order to deliver a high-quality product to increase company revenue.
As a team member embedded in an energetic agile team of Software and QA Engineers, you will serve as the interface between our customers and your development team throughout the planning and software development process. You will work closely with internal teams on requirements elaboration, documenting proposed software solutions, and maintaining a prioritized backlog of issues.
This is an exciting role in a small, growing team and you would have the ability to really make an impact both within the company as well as drive growth and revenue. Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN. If you love technology, are hungry to learn, and are looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to develop high quality software – this is the right role for you.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Evaluate data and insights for comprehensive strategy planning
- Establish timelines and product benchmarks
- Develop data and analytics roadmap
- Consolidate data into user stories and necessary product requirements
- Establish initiatives and align with cross-functional goals
- Collaborate with UI/UX team, product scrum team, and product leaders to establish timeline workflows and goals
- Ensure product aligns with company mission and goals. Responsible for ownership of product voice and vision
- Providing direction to the Agile development team
- Create, prioritize and maintain the product backlog
- Convey the Vision and Goals at the beginning of every Release and Sprint
- Participate in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings, and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in business, computer science, or related field; master’s preferred
- Two years previous experience as a product owner, business analyst, or in a related field
- Certification for Pragmatic Marketing or Product Ownership preferred but not required
- Solid understanding of the product lifecycle
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel); working knowledge of software development
- Comfortable working with multiple teams, in-house and remote
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with business analysts, UI/UX team, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders
- Experience driving design sessions and building mockups and wireframes for Product specs
- Previous understanding of IT, IT processes, ITFM, Cloud technologies highly preferred
- Experience with BI tools like Qlik, Sisense, Tableau highly preferred
- Strong technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies
Ideally this person will be available at our Roanoke, VA or Atlanta, GA offices. We will also selectively consider some remote candidates based on experience.
- Nicus offers a competitive base salary, bonus and benefits, including medical, vision, dental, disability, paid time off as well as a pension plan with an employer match.