About Nicus Software
Nicus Software is a rapidly-growing software company that provides IT Financial Management (“ITFM”) solutions to large enterprises and state and local governments, helping world-class IT organizations make informed investment decisions and CIOs tell their IT value story.
Nicus customers include Visa, First Republic Bank, Target, Choice Hotels, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana, the State of Colorado, and Fidelity Investments.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Architect to help build the next iteration of our Product and deliver exceptional software to our customers. The Senior Architect would be primarily responsible for providing architectural guidance and owning all decisions and activities around modernization and building of next generation of Nicus’ software products.
This position will play an integral part in driving our products forward. Strong communication skills, the ability to juggle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines, and the willingness to work cooperatively are all critical skills for this position.
We anticipate this position to start as a Contract position and transition into a Full Time Hire based on mutual fit.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the first 1-2 months, the main tasks will be as follows:
- Define and establish next gen Architecture for our solutions
- Lead evaluation of our existing Platform and provide recommendation on next gen updates based on overall business objectives
- Provide an impact analysis of Architectural changes to make a Go-NoGo decision
- Establish a time-based plan for executing on the technology/architecture updates
Beyond the first 2 months:
- Lead and provide guidance on Architectural changes on the Platform
- Perform as a Lead full stack Developer on the team to help continue to build out the Platform
- Participate in Agile Development activities as needed
Qualified candidates will have competencies in the following areas:
- Demonstrate initiative, strong work ethics, and accountability.
- Strategic thinking, collaboration, and thriving in a team environment.
- Planning, organization and time management.
- Demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented professional with ability to work with minimal direction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to mentor peers.
- Website / REST experience
- Experience modernizing legacy platform applications
- On-prem to Multi-tenant SaaS transition experience
- Scalable distributed computing (Services/Microservices)
- .NET Framework and .NET Core familiarity
- SQL Server schema design and tuning
- Security best-practices familiarity
- Deployment best practices
- Working with systems that handle large amounts of data both from a processing/analytics perspective, as well as a display perspective
- Experience with architecting/building/executing ML/AI driven systems
- Experience with visualization tools and technologies – both in an embedded environment as well working with the appropriate libraries
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology discipline required.
- 5+ years experience as a full stack Developer/Architect required
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with high data volumes
- Experience with the Microsoft .NET Framework
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with various Architectural frameworks
Ideally this person will be available at our Roanoke, VA or Atlanta, GA offices. We will also selectively consider some remote candidates based on experience
Nicus offers a competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits, including medical, vision and dental as well as a matching retirement plan.