About Nicus Software
Nicus Software is a rapidly growing software company providing IT Financial Management (ITFM) solutions to large enterprises and state and local governments, helping world-class IT organizations make informed investment decisions, and enabling CIOs tell their IT value story.
Nicus customers include State of Colorado, Farmers Insurance, Target, Choice Hotels, and Fidelity Investments.
This position is available in Roanoke, VA or remote nationwide. We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated Data Visualization Engineer to help deliver highly flexible and interactive visualizations to our customers. The Data Visualization Engineer will be primarily responsible for telling the story behind the ITFM data within our applications. This individual will be part of an agile engineering team and will be accountable for:
- Building user interfaces and visualizations from large, complex data
- Making complex data patterns accessible and understandable
- Building visualizations to derive insights which enables stakeholders to make faster, better business decisions
This position will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to drive engagement within our software applications and will play an integral part in driving our company and products forward. Strong communication skills, the ability to juggle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines, and the willingness to work cooperatively in an agile environment are all critical skills for this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Developing prototype designs of complex visualizations and effectively communicating them to both technical and non-technical stake holders
- Applying advanced problem-solving skills and executing solutions for complex data scenarios
- Perform the role of developer utilizing SDLC best practices in an agile environment
- Demonstrate initiative, strong work ethics, accountability strategic thinking, collaboration, and thriving in a team environment
- Demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness, attention to detail, planning, organization, and time management
- Self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented professional with ability to work independently within a large team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to mentor peers
- Experience working with Financial data and concepts
- Qlik Sense experience including Section Access, advanced Set Analysis, Load Scripts, custom extensions, and a self-service model
- Qlik Associative Engine experience
- Experience in managing Qlik Sense applications, extensions, and objects versioning
- Website / REST experience
- On-premises and Multi-tenant SaaS experience
- .NET Framework and .NET Core familiarity
- SQL Server experience
- Security best-practices understanding
- Accessibility awareness and experience meeting standards
- Working with systems that handle large amounts of data both from a processing/analytics perspective, as well as a display perspective
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology discipline required.
- 4+ years’ experience as Developer/Engineer working with the Qlik Sense platform required
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with high data volumes
Nicus offers a competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits, including medical, vision and dental as well as a matching retirement plan.