About Nicus Software, Inc.
Nicus is a rapidly-expanding provider of IT Financial Management (ITFM) and Technology Business Management (TBM) software solutions tailored to the needs of high-performance private and public sector organizations – including customers like Visa, Liberty Mutual Insurance, and the City of Seattle. Nicus enables more informed and profitable technology investment decisions, while helping CIO leaders tell their IT value story using a comprehensive software suite, including IT Planning, Cost Transparency, Bill of IT, Application TCO, and more. See how Nicus elevates IT to empower business at www.nicus.com.
This position is available in Roanoke, VA.
Are you a recent graduate or a go-getter interested in getting your foot in the door with Sales? Are you competitive, goal-oriented, and willing to do what it takes to qualify leads and potential opportunities? Nicus Software is looking for an eager and motivated team player to join the team. The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will be responsible for responding to inbound leads generated through strategic marketing efforts and engaging outbound prospects to generate “sales ready” qualified opportunities. This role does not handle sales negotiations or close deals. This entry-level position focuses solely on qualifying marketing collected leads and reports to the Director of Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Research, target, and track prospects using a variety of sales tools. Strategically source new prospects using LinkedIn, provided prospect/account lists, etc.
- Engage and qualify leads and pass on qualified opportunities to the Account Executives utilizing Salesforce CRM
- Carefully identify the value add of Nicus’s products/solutions and tactfully leverage all manners of communication to get these solutions in front of potential users and purchasing decision makers
- Become an expert in the value, benefits, and features of Nicus products
- Build and maintain a strong opportunity pipeline to consistently meet or exceed quota
- Define success criteria and value propositions with each customer
- Use a data driven approach to identify inefficiencies and continuously improve our sales process to increase conversion rates, average deal size and reduce sales cycle time
- Partner with marketing peers to handle inbound leads, be aware of email and marketing campaigns and make strategic calls. Ensure fast response times when necessary
- Actively contribute ideas to develop our outbound strategy and drive pipeline growth
- Perform cold outreach to prospective clients, as needed
- Coordinate calendars and send out calendar invites between prospects and Account Executives
- Utilize and maintain Salesforce, Outreach.io, ringDNA, and other tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Cold calling and lead generating experience
- Independent and positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high-volume environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- 1+ year experience using Salesforce CRM
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Strong focus on your goals and a belief that your daily, weekly, and monthly activities will help you achieve them
- Nicus offers a competitive base salary, bonus and benefits, including medical, vision, dental, disability, paid time off as well as a pension plan with an employer match.