About Nicus Software, Inc.
Nicus is a rapidly-expanding provider of IT Financial Management (ITFM) and Technology Business Management (TBM) software solutions tailored to the needs of high-performance private and public sector organizations – including customers like Visa, Liberty Mutual Insurance, and the City of Seattle. Nicus enables more informed and profitable technology investment decisions, while helping CIO leaders tell their IT value story using a comprehensive software suite, including IT Planning, Cost Transparency, Bill of IT, Application TCO, and more. See how Nicus elevates IT to empower business at www.nicus.com.
We are looking for an experienced Manager of Software Engineering to help deliver exceptional experiences to our customers. This position will be primarily responsible for designing, developing and delivering the next generation of Nicus’ software products by leading teams of Software Engineers, DevOps Engineers and Architects. The ideal candidate is someone who has worked closely with Product Management, has experience maintaining highly available SaaS applications, has played a key role in mentoring, coaching and growing teams and who has proven experience innovating with technology to achieve competitive advantage. We are looking for a leader, a team player, an individual contributor and an innovator – all packaged in one.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Work directly with the Product Management team to design, develop and deliver leading edge ITFM software
- Be a team lead as well as a hands-on developer, architect and visionary
- Provide technical and functional leadership and direction to software development team consisting of software developers, automation engineers, analysts and technologists
- Build and manage the technical software development roadmap for future product development, including new services and applications and functional or operational improvements for existing ones while adhering to high quality standards
- Design and build complex, high performance, reliable, scalable, testable and maintainable software solutions which meet product requirements and can adequately handle large volumes of customer traffic
- Apply principles of secure software development and secure network design to ensure applications and interfaces adhere to industry-wide secure coding practices and meet regulatory and compliance standards. Ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of data at rest in the data store and while data is in transit across various software systems
- Work closely with the Development and DevOps teams to leverage latest software innovations in the industry and evaluate and implement these as applicable
- Deliver software development projects in accordance with high level company vision and department goals with minimal supervision and direct the development and programming of applications, services, interfaces and databases to meet these goals
- Direct the development of technical documentation and software testing/validation procedures
- Coordinate production installations and monitoring of new deployments and configuration management to ensure application errors and technical issues are easily identified and fixed quickly
- Use extensive experience and sound judgement to continuously seek innovative ways to improve development productivity and software quality through the introduction of new technologies, tools, systems and processes
- Communicate clearly with Nicus leadership on timelines, progress and risks of all projects
Leadership and Management Skills
- A strong background in software engineering on a variety of products
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Servant leader mantra who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves
- The ability to influence and produce creative technical designs by using strategic thinking, problem solving skills, good judgment and collaboration
- Experience leading highly capable teams and demonstrating a proven track record of quality software delivery
- Knowledge of software development and quality assurance best practices
- Ability to articulate and weigh trade-offs in software architecture and design based on many competing requirements including cost, schedule, technical necessity, feasibility and customer impact
- Demonstrate initiative, strong work ethics, and accountability
- MS degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field. Relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of the degree.
- 5+ years of experience leading a team of full stack Developers
- Experience managing production SaaS environments for enterprise class business customers
- Experience and temperament to coach and mentor technically and professionally
- Must have significant demonstrable experience in Agile/Scrum
- Experience with .NET platform and Cloud Services
- Experience with architecting and managing 3rd party embedded systems, including but not limited to BI platforms
- Experience with building and executing ML/AI driven systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and group presentations)
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across the entire organization
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies and adapt to changes and demands in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong Project Management skills
- Detail oriented with a proven track record of product delivery
- Nicus offers a competitive base salary, bonus and benefits, including medical, vision, dental, disability, paid time off as well as a pension plan with an employer match.