About Nicus Software, Inc.
Nicus is a rapidly-expanding provider of IT Financial Management (ITFM) and Technology Business Management (TBM) software solutions tailored to the needs of high-performance private and public sector organizations – including customers like Visa, Liberty Mutual Insurance, and the City of Seattle. Nicus enables more informed and profitable technology investment decisions, while helping CIO leaders tell their IT value story using a comprehensive software suite, including IT Planning, Cost Transparency, Bill of IT, Application TCO, and more. See how Nicus elevates IT to empower business at www.nicus.com.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help deliver exceptional software to our customers. The Senior Software Engineer will be primarily responsible for providing design and development activities around modernization and building the next generation of Nicus’s software products.
This position will play an integral part in driving our products forward. Strong communication skills, the ability to juggle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines, and the willingness to work cooperatively are all critical skills for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in providing impact analysis of architectural changes
- Apply advanced problem-solving skills and execute solutions to complex problems
- Participate in design sessions for new features and functionality
- Adhere to a time-based plan for executing on the technology/architecture updates
- Perform as a full stack Developer on the team to help continue to build out the Platform
- Fully participate in agile development activities
- Clearly communicate to leadership complex design recommendations
- Demonstrate initiative, strong work ethics, and accountability
- Strategic thinking, collaboration, and thriving in a team environment
- Planning, organization and time management
- Demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented professional with ability to work independently within a large team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to mentor peers
- Website / REST experience
- On-prem and Multi-tenant SaaS experience
- Scalable distributed computing (Services/Microservices)
- .NET Framework and .NET Core familiarity
- SQL Server experience
- Security best-practices familiarity
- Accessibility awareness and experience meeting standards
- Working with systems that handle large amounts of data both from a processing/analytics perspective, as well as a display perspective
- Experience with building and executing ML/AI driven systems
- Experience with visualization tools and technologies – both in an embedded environment as well working with the appropriate libraries
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology discipline required.
- 4+ years’ experience as a full stack Developer/Architect required
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with high data volumes
- Experience with the Microsoft .NET Framework
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with various Architectural frameworks
Ideally this person will be available at our Roanoke, VA or Atlanta, GA offices. We will also selectively consider some remote candidates based on experience.
- Nicus offers a competitive base salary, bonus and benefits, including medical, vision, dental, disability, paid time off as well as a pension plan with an employer match.