Nicus Software is a rapidly-growing software company that provides IT Financial Management (“ITFM”) solutions to large enterprises and state and local governments, helping world-class IT organizations make informed investment decisions and CIOs tell their IT value story.
Nicus customers include Visa, First Republic Bank, Target, Staples, Choice Hotels, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana, the State of Colorado, and Fidelity Investments.
Nicus Software is looking for an entrepreneurial, driven individual to join our team as Director of Product Management. This is a senior-level position, reporting to the CEO and COO, responsible for developing and extending the product management discipline at Nicus.
The ideal candidate will have at least 8-10 years in product leadership roles, a technical background, and the ability to distill complex concepts into clear explanations and actions. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player with a high energy level. We offer a competitive salary and robust benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Gain a deep understanding of the IT Financial Management market. Conduct research to understand needs and requirements of the market and competitive offerings.
- Attend industry trade shows, meet with customers, partners, prospects, and external thought leaders.
- Define a vision and create requirements for differentiated products and features.
- Define detailed user personas, use-cases, and functional requirements for engineering.
- Participate in the Agile development process by defining user/feature stories and validating completion.
- Own the product roadmap and communicate it to internal and external audiences, including executives, board, partners, customers, and industry analysts.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for new products and new markets, including market size, target customers, pricing models, and create business cases as appropriate.
- Maintain competitive comparison documents for internal use.
- Collaborate with marketing to support creation of detailed buyer personas, customer-driven messaging, content, and sales enablement materials.
- Create internal product training materials including demos and product briefs.
- Evangelize key product and offering values internally and externally, through whitepapers, presentations, speeches, and other activities.
- Track and report business impact of new features.
- 8+ years of experience in Product Management, including leadership positions
- Understanding of agile development methodologies
- Deep domain knowledge of IT industry
- Working knowledge of the Pragmatic Marketing framework and principles
- Experience building or intimately involved in development of product management discipline at a previous company a plus
Nicus offers a competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits, including medical, vision and dental as well as a matching retirement plan.